FX_PlayEffect(<sEffectName>, <sVolumeName>, <fScale>)
- This command is used to display an effect at a particular location.
- Returns the ID of the effect which can be stopped with FX_StopEffect.
- If you want to trigger a large capital ship explosion ("dmg_capital_explosion_large.lua") at a point defined in a ".level" file as "ExplodePoint" with a scale of 5 times normal size the command would be:
FX_PlayEffect( "dmg_capital_explosion_large", "ExplodePoint", 5 )
- <sEffectName>: the name of the effect you want to display. It must match a file name in data:art/fx/ directory.
- <sVolumeName> or <sSobGroupName>: the name of the volume or sobgroup at which the effect is to appear.
- <fScale>: a decimal number that sets the scale of the effect. Larger values increase the size of the effect.
- Related Pages